The following slides and resources are collated here in support of a talk given at Portland State University on June 3, 2016. They explore key ed tech experiments in my history and include a brief lesson on fostering high-quality online discussions.
- Honors Thesis Colloquium, Macaulay Honors College (CUNY), Spring 2014.
- Pictures from the History Mural Fairs, Fashion Institute of Technology: Section 1, Section 2
- Mural.ly (tool for History Mural Fairs–it was free at that time!)
- InTRO Report on Digital Education, University of Oregon, 2015.
- Re-Imagining University Ed Tech Cultures Game
- E-Listening Research Project, Simon Fraser University.
- Boettcher, J., & Conrad, R. (2010). The Online Teaching Survival Guide: Simple and Practical Pedagogical Tips. San Francisco, CA: Jossey-Bass.
- Marbouti, F., & Wise, A.F. (2016). Starburst: a new graphical interface to support purposeful attention to others’ posts in online discussions. Educational Technology Research and Development, 64(1), 87-113.
- Miller, M. (2014). Minds Online: Teaching Effectively With Technology. Cambridge, MA: Harvard University Press.